Fountain Park is a big playground for all ages. Our reason for being is based on one tiny word which packs one heck of a punch. That word is FUN. Having fun is proven to have positive effects on our hormones and can benefit us both physically and mentally.
Experiencing fun helps to drive down cortisol levels, known as the stress hormone, and increase serotonin, a chemical that helps regulate the likes of sleep, mood and memory.
The benefits of having fun, aside from the obvious, include:
- Reducing stress levels
- Improving your sleep
- Thinking more clearly
- Increasing your energy levels
- Improving your concentration and memory
- Connecting with others in a meaningful way (it will benefit them, too!)
Want in on all of the above? Do something you love and have fun doing it.
Want some fun-spiration?
- Meet up with friends over dinner or challenge them to a game of bowling - we can help with that: view attractions
- Take a walk up to Edinburgh Castle to see the breath-taking view of Edinburgh
- Take the dog for a walk
- Visit the adorable animals at LOVE Gorgie Farm
- Enrol onto new exercise class at Nuffield Health
- Head to the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art to immerse yourself into the creativity
- Tell a joke (good or bad!)
- Try something new - this could be 60 minutes of Trampoling at Gravity or a new drink at Starbucks